Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picked Up A Tranny Today
(09-23-2020, 03:38 AM)tier1bro Wrote: this is what i imagine when i hear "i'm driving a chevy". Dodgy

That depends...  does the Motor over heat all the time .....  (I'm sure you remember when they all did I SAF do)
[Image: source.gif]
(09-23-2020, 05:12 AM)QuickSilver Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 03:38 AM)tier1bro Wrote: this is what i imagine when i hear "i'm driving a chevy". Dodgy

That depends...  does the Motor over heat all the time .....  (I'm sure you remember when they all did I SAF do)
everyone remembers the "good ole days", cars might last 100k miles, a brake rotor for a chevy caviler from napa took 3 weeks to get here and was $300. 

the difference back then was if you blew the head gasket on your chevy caviler you could still drive it across the country only taking rest breaks when the motor would seize up. let it cool until the next day and drive to the scene of the next seizure. 

now if my tire pressure sensor on my 250k mile truck senses that my exhaust pipe tip has any soot on it the whole thing shuts down and requires a rollback, a full diagnostic, and a complete rebuild of the transmission.   

i will never miss points distributors, holley power valves, or 13" tires.  Dodgy
nono   Your Wrong "They Should Have Stopped after the Electronic Distributor" that was way..... mo better than points & condenser, any upgrades could have been done inside the Distributor. Timing lights still needed sorta like NASCAR

And out out anything you would think they would have on market a cooler for trannies that really worked or something that did. But Noo.... all they done is make smaller cars to meet EPA regs that kick in at pre-set yearly intervals, and they keep lowering the bar for MPG.

Dodgy  Seems like the cars they give away on "Lets Make A Deal" and the "The Price is Right" some look like 12" tires The Price is Right has mo better cars & the announcer always says the engine size (unlike LMAD announcer)  some stuff is like 1.4L no more than 2.4 but not that often. (3.4 on special events)

LMADeal cars are not so much mo ......
[Image: source.gif]
it's crazy the blown head gasket caviler i drove that overheated for 5 or 6 years got 35-ish miles to the gallon. now you have to buy a fucking hybrid to get that mileage. i looked at a lincoln car a couple years ago (it was a fancy ford fusion front wheel drive bullshit with lincoln badges) the fucking thing only got like 22 miles to the gallon. fuck that i will drive the trucks daily, at least i am comfortable and can jump over the protesters. i need to install a general lee horn. Dodgy
(09-24-2020, 04:15 AM)tier1bro Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 05:12 AM)QuickSilver Wrote:

everyone remembers the "good ole days", cars might last 100k miles, a brake rotor for a chevy caviler from napa took 3 weeks to get here and was $300. 

the difference back then was if you blew the head gasket on your chevy caviler you could still drive it across the country only taking rest breaks when the motor would seize up. let it cool until the next day and drive to the scene of the next seizure. 

now if my tire pressure sensor on my 250k mile truck senses that my exhaust pipe tip has any soot on it the whole thing shuts down and requires a rollback, a full diagnostic, and a complete rebuild of the transmission.   

i will never miss points distributors, holley power valves, or 13" tires.  Dodgy
Bruh,get   a 1997  Probe GT. The v6 one.
(09-25-2020, 03:53 AM)tier1bro Wrote: it's crazy the blown head gasket caviler i drove that overheated for 5 or 6 years got 35-ish miles to the gallon. now you have to buy a fucking hybrid to get that mileage.  i looked at a lincoln car a couple years ago (it was a fancy ford fusion front wheel drive bullshit with lincoln badges) the fucking thing only got like 22 miles to the gallon. fuck that i will drive the trucks daily, at least i am comfortable and can jump over the protesters. i need to install a general lee horn. Dodgy
Lol, nigga is concerned about MPG. Make sure to watch the whole video. I want you to know what you just did. Dodgy
(09-25-2020, 04:46 PM)SNAFU Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 03:53 AM)tier1bro Wrote: it's crazy the blown head gasket caviler i drove that overheated for 5 or 6 years got 35-ish miles to the gallon. now you have to buy a fucking hybrid to get that mileage.  i looked at a lincoln car a couple years ago (it was a fancy ford fusion front wheel drive bullshit with lincoln badges) the fucking thing only got like 22 miles to the gallon. fuck that i will drive the trucks daily, at least i am comfortable and can jump over the protesters. i need to install a general lee horn. Dodgy
Lol, nigga is concerned about MPG. Make sure to watch the whole video. I want you to know what you just did. Dodgy
i used $97 in fuel this week and did not leave my "city". my farthest destination this past week was 22 miles. that's just me in one personal vehicle @ $3 a gallon.
Get a nice Camry.
(09-27-2020, 07:42 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Get a nice Camry.
nope, just remembering a time when shit cost less.  Big Grin
Ok so I'm really going to put it "in" this weekend. I had to weld the ypipe I cut back together and it's been shit weather. Hopefully I get it done soon and put the fancy lift and shit on before snow season. I've been busy doing really autistic projects at werk.
I'll try and get pics up later. It's acting gay white now.

Pulling frame liners. I'm currently building a quad dump truck from a straight truck and a hook truck from a straight truck.

The new guys think I'm some master truck mechanic who wants to butt fuck all the butts. They like to sneak back to my lair to see the "fun shit". I'm going to be to old for this fuckery in like 30 or 40 years.

I can't believe I ever left this shit. Big Grin