Picked Up A Tranny Today
[Image: 2rGA41.md.jpg]
[Image: 2rGsuj.md.jpg]
[Image: 2rMz9s.md.jpg]
[Image: 2rMkHg.md.jpg]
[Image: 2rMgxR.md.jpg]
[Image: 2rM4iN.md.jpg]
[Image: 2rMsUX.md.jpg]
Daddy lets me do what I want. Daddy always liked me but this new Daddy missed me. I seriously love these abusive relationships. I am King Ahab at the (((Trucking Company))). How fucking hard is it to show up to work for 10-12 hours a day and operate a cutting torch?Maybe have the ability to understand 12 and 24 volt electricity? Do some heavy lifting and hit things with a hammer?

2020 has been the best year of my life.
i did work this week too. i am changing radius arm bushings and pivot bushings on me obs. could have been done in 2 hours but nope, gotta wait for parts to ship should be here next fucking week. Dodgy

it took two weeks to get timken seals, bearings, and timken grease for the frontend. Dodgy

new warn premium hubs and spicer spindle locknuts. previous owner figured mile marker hubs were good enough, and they are if you like being buttfucked, or you're a big fan of getting married at disney. Dodgy
NAPA (used too) offer's adjustable radius arm bushings. They're a great idea for twin I beam trucks but my 86 ripped them apart. They're like square blocks with a cam lobe.

I had a 91 with a 302 and a 5 speed that had a super nice lift with the dual shock setup and the fancy fabricated radius arms. I think I posted that one on the forum. I let it roll down a hill through a tree line into a creek. I've never had a washer fluid bottle wheel chalk failure before or sense.

You old ford you kinda made sound love me a beater is probably worth tangible money now. I'm disgusted looking at all the old ford's I went through that up here would now be 3-5000$ trucks. Maybe more. I paid $150 for one of my f150s and it drove.
(10-10-2020, 08:15 AM)SNAFU Wrote: NAPA (used too) offer's adjustable radius arm bushings. They're a great idea for twin I beam trucks but my 86 ripped them apart. They're like square blocks with a cam lobe.

I had a 91 with a 302 and a 5 speed that had a super nice lift with the dual shock setup and the fancy fabricated radius arms. I think I posted that one on the forum. I let it roll down a hill through a tree line into a creek. I've never had a washer fluid bottle wheel chalk failure before or sense.

You old ford you kinda made sound love me a beater is probably worth tangible money now. I'm disgusted looking at all the old ford's I went through that up here would now be 3-5000$ trucks. Maybe more. I paid $150 for one of my f150s and it drove.
if you can find one that hasn't been beat to death they can be great trucks. 

i spent a week looking local for the spindle tool that threads onto the spindle and you slide hammer the spindle off. luckily i did not find one (no one local carries them anymore) as wild horses and jeffs bronco graveyard both sell a new version that threads on them you hit it with the impact, no more slide hammer.  Big Grin

ZERO local parts houses sell timken bearing or seals, it took two weeks for my timkens to get here. i was making good progress on my pivot bushing yesterday when my compressor overheated, i think it is about to give up the ghost.

my life is like an old pay phone, it starts getting real steamy and as soon as you start to unzip your zipper an operator pops up from out of nowhere and says "please deposit another $500 to continue". my life is literally a 12 year old kids fortnite game, i have to spend a fucking fortune just to get through the day.  Dodgy

flip side to this is i have had this truck for 16 years, i paid $1200 for it, i have about $2500 (not counting this round of work, or tires over the years) in it, and it has literally been airborne twice. i am and have been very happy with it's service. 

my OBS is "my" beater. it's an eddie bauer extended cab, short bed, every option 4x4, 5.0L, e4od. the body is in about 90% condition. based on what i see for sale on ebay, youtube, and craigslist it would probably be a quick sale at $5k. i could probably instagram it up a little and get $8k out of it here in florida. while i do beat the shit out of it i use motorcraft parts when possible. when this pivot bushing went out i thought i was a tie rod, the factory 25 year old tie rods are still like new. it's got like 220,000 miles on it (a lot but plenty of life left).